Spiced cashew nut milk has to be one of the most satisfying drinks to make (excluding the beloved G&T that is). Simple, and yet so warming and festive, this spiced drink is incredible in your morning muesli, porridge, smoothie or hot chocolate.
Before we get to the recipe though I have some exciting, but equally very scary blog news… I launched my ebook this week!
I’m so amazed and thankful for what I have achieved, and INCREDIBLY grateful to my parents for letting me take over and totally mess up their kitchen in the process. Creativity and avocado mash cannot be confined to a bowl!
Pushing the self-doubt away and moving forward with publishing the ebook was admittedly a challenge.
I have always been one that’s never satisfied, living in the persistent belief that my work can always be better.
That said, I will never achieve my dreams or life ambitions unless I can subdue my relentless need for ‘perfection’, and have the confidence to let the book go out into the big, scary, wild public space, with all the other wild books… I hope it survives.
So here it is, the first edition of my ebook… published !! *holds batted breath*
But, for now the ever-satisfying spiced cashew nut milk made by my mother and I. Nut milks… always a family occasion!
Spiced Cashew Nut Milk:
- 1 cup of organic cashews – ideally soaked overnight
- 4 cups of water
- Seeds from 5 cardamom pods
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of honey or agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Grind the cardamom seeds to a fine dust in a pestle and mortar.
- Add all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the milk through a nut milk bag, a tea strainer, or some organic cotton fabric to remove any pulp or fibre. You don’t have to strain the milk, but I like to as it makes the milk smoother and creamier, taking away its slightly grainy texture.
The spiced cashew nut milk can be stored in the fridge for up to three days, and remember to stir well before use.
What’s your favourite nut milk to make? Do you have any hints or tips to make the nut milk even smoother? Get in touch by leaving a comment below.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love if you could share it via your favourite social media channel. It helps to support my work so I can continue to produce more free content!